Call Us: 03303213145 (lines open 8am to 4:30pm)

0

Your Cart is Empty

by Katie Peachesa April 10, 2020 3 min read

How To Use A Vibrator

By Ksenia Sobchak

With the use of sex toys on the rise and vibrator sales seemingly on the increase at a year on year rate exactly who uses vibrators and how often are they used?

Until the beginning of the twenty-first century there wasn't any truly accurate research available into who used vibrators. The only source of information until that point came from the sex shops that sold them. In recent years sex toys have not only become more popular amongst individuals but also within celebrity culture with everyone from Hollywood A listers to singers saying they use, or have used vibrators at some point. In 2009 more detailed research into the use of vibrators was carried out by a team at Indiana University. The surveys that were carried out resulted in much more accurate feedback on exactly who used them, when they were used, if the vibrators were cleaned after use and much more.

The research found that just under half of the people that took the survey said they had used a vibrator with men totalling 45% while women just topped that with 52%. Why were they being used? Females (46%) used vibrators during masturbation compared to the equivalent in males of just 17%. Females also used their vibrators during sex (37%) whilst 40% of males used a vibrator on their partners during sex or foreplay. Almost half of the men that have used a vibrator had first used a vibe to help their partner reach climax. It was also interesting to note that men and women who used vibrators with some degree of frequency felt more comfortable and took more care of their bodies. Those that had used vibrators were far more likely to have carried out testicular and vaginal examinations as opposed to those that have never used a vibrating sex toy.

When it came to cleaning sex toys there were some quite alarming results. A fifth of men and 14% of women stated that they had never cleaned their toys. Of the individuals that do clean their sex toys only three fifths of women and just over half of men clean them before and after use with the remainder only admitting to cleaning their toys either prior to or after use.

Many people do not consider that there may be side effects associated with vibrator use but although uncommon, it can happen. Men were not questioned but women noted that over 70% had never suffered from any side effects but of the other 30%, more than 15% had reported feeling numb, 10% had experienced a form of irritation, 8% reported swelling and 4% had experienced either pain or cuts. All of the side effects had been relatively minor and brief.

The age which people first used a vibrator varied. Almost 20% were under the age of 20, 50% were in their twenties, over 20% were in their thirties whilst the least popular age of first use for respondents was the over 40s with just 10%. On the whole women were more likely to use vibrators than men. Other notable facts were that the vast majority of vibrator users were Caucasian and women that are in a relationship use vibrators more than single women.

Looking for vibrators? Go to Purple Pleasures/Sinful Sensations/Steamy Windows for more information.

Katie Peachesa
Katie Peachesa

Katie Peachesa is a sex and lingerie blogger based out of the urban chic Wapping in the heart of East London, United Kingdom. In her spare time, Katie enjoys photography, yoga and fitness, a bit of boxing, traveling, keeping up with the latest fashion trends and mudlarking and exploring pastoral settings. You are likely to find Katie in an artisan cafe in Brick Lane on a Saturday afternoon furiously typing her next article on her laptop whilst she is sipping on her flat white and drawing inspiration from the hustle and bustle in the heart of creative London. Katie runs the "Fashion Life Mag" and has been featured in Cosmopolitan, Allure, Grazia, Tatler, Evening Standard and other popular media outlets.


Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.


Also in Sex Toy Guides

Your Guide to Using bunny vibrators
Your Guide to Using bunny vibrators

by Katie Peachesa November 22, 2020 4 min read

Read More
Your Shopping Guide to Water-based Sex Lubes
Your Shopping Guide to Water-based Sex Lubes

by Katie Peachesa October 18, 2020 4 min read

Read More
Best Warming Sex Lubricants To Have Hot Sex This Winter
Best Warming Sex Lubricants To Have Hot Sex This Winter

by Katie Peachesa October 17, 2020 4 min read

Read More